FLO participates in the Commonwealth eBook Collections program. The program includes eBooks from EBL.
- The MLS EBL program is only Short Term Loans. Titles are never auto-purchased.
- FLO is charged a flat fee to participate in the program, we don't pay per STL.
- The criteria for selecting titles to include on the MLS EBL platform are:
- Price cap of $200
- Publication date of 2011 or more recent
- We included records for MLS EBL titles in Voyager in cases where a title is available on both the FLO and MLS EBL platforms. In these cases, we suppress the FLO EBL holdings widget and only display an MLS holding widget.
- One exception is that in cases where a library purchases an EBL title, we suppress the FLO-MLSEBL record (if one exists) and unsuppress the FLO-EBL record. This way users are directed to the purchased copy, rather than the MLS copy.
- September 2014 - FLO loads MLS EBL holdings into Voyager.
- August 2014 - FLO joins the Commonwealth eBook Collections program.