Article I: Name
The name of the organization shall be the Fenway Library Consortium.
Article II: Purpose
The purpose of the Fenway Library Consortium shall be to strengthen the library resources and improve the services to members through inter-library cooperation.
Article III: Membership
- Section 1. The member libraries of the organization shall be selected from the Boston area of Massachusetts.
- Section 2. Each member shall have one vote to be cast by the chief administrative librarian or his/her deputy.
- Section 3. Membership changes shall be determined by a three-quarters vote of the full membership.
Article IV: Board of Directors
- Section 1. There shall be a Governing Board of the Fenway Library Consortium known as the Board of Directors.
- Section 2. The Board of Directors shall consist of the chief administrative librarians of each library.
- Section 3. The Board of Directors shall manage the property and affairs of the organization and shall perform all other duties and have such powers as may be necessary to carry out the purpose of the organization.
Article V: By-Laws
The Board of Directors shall have the power to adopt By-laws regulating the affairs of the organization and prescribing the duties of its officers. Such By-laws shall not be inconsistent with this Constitution.
Article VI: Officers
- Section 1. The officers of the organization shall be a Coordinator and a Treasurer.
- Section 2. The Coordinator shall serve for a term of two years. Election shall occur at the last meeting in the spring of the Board of Directors. The Treasurer shall serve for a term of two years. Election of the Treasurer shall occur in alternate years to the election of the Coordinator. In the event of the resignation of either officer, the Board may elect a member to fill the unexpired term. Election of either Coordinator or Treasurer requires a majority vote of the members of the Board of Directors present and voting.
- Section 3. The duties of the Secretary will be rotated at each meeting alphabetically by the names of the member institution.
Article VII: Meetings
- Section 1. Meetings of the Board of Directors shall be held at least six times a year. Additional meetings may be called at any time by the Coordinator.
- Section 2. A quorum shall consist of a majority of the member libraries represented.
Article VIII: Disposition of Assets Upon Dissolution
In the event that the organization is dissolved, all of its assets remaining after just payment of its debts and all costs and expenses of dissolution, shall be distributed in a manner provided by a resolution of a majority of the Board of Directors to one or more charitable organizations formed for purposes similar to the Fenway Library Consortium, provided that such organizations are qualified for tax exempt status by the Internal Revenue Code. None of the assets of the organization will be distributed in such dissolution to any individual, officer, or director of the organization.
Article IX: Amendments
- Section 1. This constitution may be amended by a three-quarters vote of the Board of Directors.
- Section 2. Due notice of proposed amendments to the Constitution must be given in writing to every member of the Board of Directors at least two weeks before a vote is taken.
Article X. Effective Date
This constitution shall become effective immediately upon adoption by a three-quarters vote of the Board of Directors.